Cumulus Media (WLS-AM, WLS-FM, WLUP-FM, WKQX-FM, Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bulls) is searching for an experienced Business Manager in our Chicago market. Applicant must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. A/R, A/P, Payroll, Human Resources, Financial Statement, and Administrative Management experience required. Strong accounting skills and budget preparation/analysis needed.
Responsible for managing all financial and human resource related functions of the market by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Who We Are:
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its approximately 450 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMY’s, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the preparation of information needed for the monthly financial close and submission of information to the Corporate office by stated deadlines
- Responsible for completing all monthly reports as requested by the corporate office as well as providing additional information to the corporate office as requested
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of the annual budget
- Responsible for the day-to-day vendor relationship management, obtaining approvals for all vendor invoices, general ledger coding, and processing functions related to Accounts Payable
- Responsible for submitting all expense accruals
- Responsible for the management, training, and supervision of the Traffic Department staff, Receptionist, and any other general back office staff
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to the various components of the Company’s internal accounting controls and policies, including but not limited to; revenue recognition, cash control, credit and collections, and employee compensation
- Responsible for daily cash deposit management and reporting, using the Company’s centralized lockbox banking system and web-based reporting tool.
- Processing credit card payments
- Responsible for the protection against property losses and potential liabilities
- Providing information to comply with Sales & Use Tax reporting per corporate instruction
- Monitor and administer trade accounting functions.
- Preparation of all commissions related to billing and collections for both the national rep firm and the local sales staff
- Maintenance of files related to leases and contracts for the market
- Oversee the weekly and monthly billing functions along with the end-of-month Accounts Receivable close. Also responsible for Accounts Receivable maintenance and credit & collections analysis
- Responsible for preparation and submission of payroll for processing
- Responsible for administration and control of employee records
- Assisting market employees with the administration of the Company’s employee benefit plans, including but not limited to 401(k), medical insurance, and dental insurance
- Responds to employee complaints and keeps documentation on all issues that are potentially litigious. Communicates issues and concerns to the corporate HR/Legal department
- Maintenance of the EEO program, FCC related reports and hiring procedures. Oversee or act as EEO Administrator for the market
- Responsible for posting of all HR related required notices at station location and working with market to insure that station websites are updated with required notices
- Assist department heads in new employee orientation. Reviews all new hire packages for completeness and appropriate signatures
- Assist Market Manager and other department heads with station and/or personnel issues
- All other duties as deemed necessary by corporate or local market management
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to work accurately in meeting deadlines. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Understanding and use of standard office equipment (i.e., copier and fax machine). Able to work some evening and weekend hours.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package with HAS & company match
- 401K with company match to plan for the long term
- Vacation & Holidays to enjoy the fruits of your labor
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at http://www.cumulus.com/careers.